Just Watched Inception again for the hundredth time
(Possible spoilers if you haven’t seen the movie)
It’s always been obvious, to me at least, that the spinning totem in the last shot of the movie is about to topple, meaning that Cobb (Leonardo Dicaprio) is in reality. And yes, it really does wobble, you can watch it in slow motion if you need to and it’s quite clear that it’s on the verge of falling. But I was just imagining a slightly different ending and I thought it was really cool, so I wanted to share it, lol.
So after Cobb spins his totem on the table, he’s distracted by his children and doesn’t really care enough to check if the totem stops spinning so he leaves to see his children. But instead of showing the totem wobbling at the end, I think it would have been much better if the Mal’s father (Michael Caine) placed his hand on the spinning top and looked directly at the camera, breaking the motion himself and ultimately denying the audience from seeing if Cobb was Dreaming or in Reality. Just think of how haunting that ending would have been.
- 8 notes
- 17 April 2012
- almosthypnotic likes this
- valmitternacht likes this
- robinn014 likes this
- thehunting-party likes this
- dicaprio-depp likes this
- youwannafuckingrotatehomie said: An opinion on a film is completely up to the observer. Thats what filmmaking is about. Nolan is letting you do what you already do at the end of a movie anyway, form an opinion. You tell your friends to see it, he reaps the rewards.
- wegettinarabmoney said: Still possibly the most bullshit ending ever.
- mister-momento posted this